The Government has been providing funding of £150 million per annum from the academic year 2013/14 up to 2015-16 to provide new, primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see this new money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
In 2015 -16 Holy Family Catholic Primary School will receive £8,880 for the PE and Sports Premium. Although the school has an excellent track record of providing excellent sporting opportunities, we will spend the sport funding on further improving provision of PE and sport.
At Holy Family we plan to spend the money by:
- Entering a more varied range of sports competitions.
- Providing transport to enable children to participate in competitions and new sporting events.
- Providing specialist coaches one day per week to work with children from Nursery to Year 6 and to provide professional development for staff.
- Provide specialist dance coaching after school.
The staff and Governors agree that the money must be used so that: all children benefit regardless of sporting ability; that children are given the opportunity to complete in additional/advanced tournaments; that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development; transport is subsidised in order to support all families financially.
- Children are able to access more competitions which will lead to more/varied skills and sportsmanship being developed.
- Disadvantaged children are able to experience sporting activities to enhance social and physical skills.
- Children are able to access sport within their community via signposting from coaches.
- % increase in participation rates.
- % increase and success in competitive school sports.
- Greater variety of sports included to promote inclusion and promote interest.
- % increase in partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners.
- % increase in participation of community sports eg. Football; karate; rugby; cheerleading; street dancing.